Sunday

Project 8 Painting Assignment

Tunisian Scene, watercolor on 140-lb cold press paper, 9" x 12"
Project 8 painting assignment contains so many techniques I didn't think it would come out, but it's not bad at all.

I had to use two kinds of wax resist (plain wax and oil pastel), masking fluid, masking tape, and spattering! I never would have dared include all those things in one painting, yet because the eye is drawn to the plain white wall and the red door, you don't tend to linger on all the "busyness" going on in the foreground.

In fact, this Tunisian street scene reminds me of Mexico, where those kinds of textures and colours are very common.

This time, I used one of my new Curry's blocks. It was really nice not to have to worry about buckling. Another nice thing about that size is that it fits in my scanner, so I don't have to take photos of my work in order to upload the images to the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment