Sunday

Painting Sunflowers: The Elusive Demo Video



This video, of a sunflower painting demo by Joanne Boon/Thomas, had disappeared from YouTube for a while, but now it's back. I hope it stays.

Joanne's sunflower painting reminded me of German painter Emil Nolde, whose flowers had a huge impact on me the first time I saw them. Big, bold, and loose.

I had never heard of Joanne Thomas, but I liked her approach.

A few days after I posted the video, I got an email from Bob, whose course, Watercolor Secrets, I have mentioned here. It seems that he has gotten together with Joanne to create a series of video lessons on "expressive florals".

Here is the link: http://www.watercoloursecrets.com/florals.html

I ordered the course, and will keep you posted on my attempts at flower painting-- successful or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment