Monday

My Montreal Cityscape Featured on Program Cover

A while back, I has promised HERE to post a photo of the program, once I received my copy.

Here it is:


It's 77 pages thick, and on the back of the cover, there is a map of downtown Montreal.

Yes, I am awfully flattered, but one thing that this painting is teaching me is that if so many people have expressed admiration for it, perhaps it's not for my drawing skill (which is mediocre), but because here I have dared use rich, saturated colours.

So perhaps this is the direction I should go. I do know that the watercolours artists I admire most are not afraid of being bold. Emil Nolde and Ann Blockley are two that come to mind quickly.

I don't have a timid personality, why should my paintings look like I do?

Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment